Śabda Sāra is a collection of Kavitha’s quotes from books, courses, blog posts and conversations.
Each course will be offered live only once. Once the course is complete, it goes into an “evergreen” mode and is offered as a self-study course, where you will be able to complete it at your own pace.
There are many benefits to taking the live course if possible:
- You will be able to ask Kavitha questions directly.
- You’ll have the energy of the saṅgha learning together at the same time.
- Due to the nature of it being at a set time, you are forced to set aside the time to be present and engaged, which is more difficult when you’re doing it on your own.
Kavitha offers many courses during the year, so follow Śabda Institute on social media and check her website often to see what new courses are available. To register, simply click the registration button on one of her posts about the course or on the website, and you’ll be directed to the registration page. All live sessions are taught through Zoom with the discussion thread and materials living on the Ruzuku platform.
Yes, after a course is complete, it’s offered as a self-study course. There is no way to attend that course live again, but you can always complete it as a self-study.
Yes, the course will live in the Ruzuku platform, where you will continue to have access to all of your courses.
You will have access to the discount code in the Ruzuku forum. There are a few courses that are offered through Embodied Philosophy that we can not offer discounts since we do not handle registration. These include: The Foundations of Tantra, Deity Yoga and the Navarathri Course.
Once our live courses are announced we will share the discount code with active sangha members.
Yes, we offer financial hardship scholarships.
There are no full scholarships being offered; everyone is required to make at least a minimal payment towards a course.
In some cases, scholarships will be offered in exchange for volunteering with Śabda Institute.
Yes! Our courses, both live and self-study, can be used towards Yoga Alliance Continuing Education requirements for all RYTs already registered with Yoga Alliance.
- 1. Go to www.yogaalliance.org and log into your account.
- To Click "Teacher Dashboard" at the top right.
- Click “Add Hours” under “Training Hours” on the right.
- Scroll down to select the type of course you completed.
- Select “In person with someone who is not a YACEP.”
- Select “Some Contact Hours” if it was in person or “Only Non-Contact" if it was not in person. Click “Yes” when the system asks if your provider met the qualifications.
- Then your next question will ask for the instructor’s name.
- Click the check box for “I assert that my Continuing Education Provider meets the above requirements”.
- Input in your “Start Date” and “End Date”, as well as the “Continuing Education Activity” and the “Location” of the course.
- You will then enter in your hours of completion of the course in the educational category chart.
- Click “Assert” and “Save” when finished.
If you run into any difficulty in filling out these online forms, please contact Yoga Alliance by phone at 1-888-921-9642 or email at [email protected]
No. If any pre-requisite courses or books by Kavitha are mentioned, they need to be completed before the course begins.
There will be no Dikśa/Inititaion or transmission of seed mantras, which should always be received from the guru via a one-on-one relationship.