The application process for the 2022 Śabdopāya program is now closed and will reopen in winter, 2022 for next year's cohort.
Śabdopāya is Śabda Institute’s long-term study and practice program, and is offered to seekers who wish to deepen their commitment to the spiritual path via dedicated study and practice along with a community of like-minded practitioners.
The practices taught in Śabdopāya come predominantly from the non-dual Tāntrik traditions. While we will perform an in-depth study of the Tāntrik view (darśana) through various classical texts, the focus of this program is on the continuous application of these concepts and principles in the moment-to-moment unfolding of daily life.
This program is structured with a mix of self-study (via Kavithaji’s self-study courses), live classes and courses with Kavithaji and regular sessions with some of her senior student-practitioners.
This program is different from all of Kavithaji’s courses in that it provides a solid framework for structured practice and study through directed reading, homework assignments and extensive support for individual journeys via a discussion forum, partner work and assignment of a mentor from among Kavithaji’s senior students as well as 1:1 time with Kavithaji whenever it is required. This practice is also supported through yearly retreats.
Śabda Samaya (Year 1)
- $1500 (for those also in Śabdācāra, the cost is $1,000)
- Exclusive practices
- 50% discount on recommended self-study courses (The Heart of Wellness, Foundations of Non-Dual Tantra, Anuśāsana: The Wisdom of the Yamas and the Niyamas, Shakti Rising)
- 1 live course
- Monthly calls with Kavithaji and/or her senior students
- Mentoring and online engagement
- Workbook and evaluations
What’s NOT included:
- Cost of required retreats
- Purchase of books for required readings (Shakti Rising, The Heart of Wellness, Glorious Alchemy or other)
- Discounts on self-study courses that are not part of the yearly curriculum
- Prorating or refunds for courses already taken
Scholarships for all programs are considered via interview on a first-come, first-serve basis. There are limited scholarship spots for this program.
For more detailed information on the program structure, requirements and fees, please refer to the course description document.