Use and applications of Jyotiṣa
In this 3-hour seminar, Dr. Sumit Kesarkar answers burning questions regarding the use and applications of Vedic astrology or Jyotiṣa on the spiritual path.
- What is the history of Jyotiṣa?
- What is the significance of astrology?
- How much emphasis should we place on it?
- What do things like retrograde planetary courses and specific doṣas/yogas mean?
- Should we worry about remedies?
- How can we use the knowledge of Jyotiṣa in our daily life?
And many more…
Dr. Sumit Kesarkar is an eminent Āyurvedic physician and the founder of the National Library of Āyurvedic Medicine, and yogi with extensive knowledge of Jyotiṣa, having studied with eminent Vedic astrologers. For the last 20 years, he has traveled the length and breadth of India, spending long periods of time in the Himalayas documenting, learning, and practicing with yogis and sādhus of various sects.
Dr. Kavitha Chinnaiyan is a long-term student of Dr. Kesarkar and is the moderator of this seminar.
Scholarships are available on an as-needed basis. Please apply here.
Continuing Education for Yoga Teachers
Our courses, both live and self-study, can be used towards Yoga Alliance Continuing Education requirements for all RYTs already registered with Yoga Alliance. Go here for how to upload your hours.